Topics from the UNESCO Creative Cities Workshop, 13 September
Wed, 2005-11-16 11:11.
Creative cities – catalysts for nurturing talent and creative enterprise
Cultural industries - vehicle for local economic and social development
- Barriers and opportunities in developing creative cities.
- Role of public policy in shaping creative cities.
- Ensuring exposure and training for upcoming artists.
- Establishing public creative spaces – impact on local communities.
- Integrating indigenous knowledge systems in the age of information technology.
Creating a common vision – mobilizing multi-sector cultural stakeholders
- Practical support for micro-businesses.
- Engaging city officials in cultural industry development.
- Measuring economic impact – tools for fundraising and policy.
- Pooling cultural resources.
- Promoting “Creative Tourism” – interactive cultural tourism.
Connecting city's efforts to needs on-the-ground
- Finding and engaging sustainable leadership base.
- The press – advancing the city's vision and objectives.
- Integrating city's evolving vision in city initiatives.
- Communicating the local vision on a global level.
- Communicating city priorities to needs on-the-ground and vice versa.
- Overcoming internal fragmentation among cultural actors across all sectors.
- Realizing synergies - stimulating cross-sector partnerships.
- Translating local collaboration on a global platform.